Every year around 10000 students are admitted to the 23 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) in India. Almost 45000 candidates qualify for JEE Advanced and more than 20 lakh students appear for JEE Main. With an acceptance rate of 0.7% the competition is fierce; it demands nothing less than sheer determination and consistency from a student. Students often rely on external guidance to help them assess their performance and improve on time management for their JEE Main and Advanced examinations. But amid the rise of Covid-19 following the traditional path of preparation for the Joint Entrance Exams might prove to be a taxing pursuit.
Need of online coaching for IIT JEE.
It is no lie that the students are struggling with academics during the pandemic. It has made accessing important study materials difficult for students that they would’ve otherwise collected from their coaching institutes during regular classes. The number of interactive classes has also gone down. In this scenario, students might feel stranded with their preparation. Online coaching can provide students effective exam strategies from the safety of their homes. The quality of the education matters more than the medium of education, students can choose from numerous online coaching to ensure good quality of teaching, interactive lessons, and availability of concise and systemised study materials.
Working of online IIT JEE coaching institutes.
A student can avail of online classes using any device with an internet connection. Login credentials are provided to the students by their respective institutes. Mostly these institutes provide aided help through online test series, weekly tests, doubt clearing sessions, and live classes.
Benefits of online coaching over offline coaching.
- Students usually set aside the most amount of time of their day for preparations. With online coaching, they can save up the time they spent on the commute from their home to coaching classes every day.
- Students had to follow a rigid timetable followed by the coaching institutes but online classes give them the flexibility to adjust their study sessions according to their schedules.
- Self-study plays a crucial role in cracking any exam. A student may have the best study materials and professional guidance, yet not clear the exam because of the lack of self-learning. Online classes give you a lot of space to assess yourself and focus on topics that the student finds tougher.
- Online classes help connect students from any part of the world to the best teachers and mentors. It provides classroom exposure through live class videos and interactive sessions. The faculty for these institutes is usually highly qualified and helps students clear their concepts, gain an understanding of the topics and glide through the preparatory phase.
- The online live lectures are recorded and can be accessed by the student repeatedly according to his\her own needs. This makes revisions easier than ever before.
- The expenses that a student may have to bear decreases drastically as transport charges, food and lodging charges are chopped off.
The development of technology and scarcity of time has made online coaching a thriving industry. It is a boon for students stuck inside their homes, they provide the same quality of education as offline coaching, in fact sometimes even better. Most of the online IIT JEE coaching institutes are founded by IITians; who better to learn from than someone who has aced the exams themselves? Online coaching has made it possible for students to take advantage of top-quality education from the comfort of their homes.